Dashing into a beauty salon after work or between errands leaves just enough time for a quick haircut or style. But if you can find an extra hour or so, you may be pleasantly surprised to find that your local beauty salon can assist with more than your hair. Call ahead to find out the price and amount of time needed for services like the following:
When I was growing up, it was not popular to be a redhead. Memories of my childhood echo with taunts of ''Freckle-Faced Strawberry'' and ''Pippi Longstocking.'' Much to my dismay, my fair skin never boasted the California tan that many of my friends had. No matter how hard I tried, the best I could come up with was what my sister Lisa and I referred to as the ''Savage Tan,'' which bore a striking resemblance to a sunburn. And if my grandmother had called my freckles ''angel kisses'' one more time . . . well, I don't know that I could have been held responsible for my actions.